Tuesday 16 September 2014

INDEX International Design Exhibition 2014 in Dubai

Didn't get the chance to visit INDEX International Design Exhibition 2014? Don't worry, I got you covered. I documented my visit. And since I took millions of photos, I'll just be showing you a few.

I am pretty sure that everyone of you knows what INDEX International Design Exhibition is. But, to those who don't, before I tour you to the event, I'll give you a quick overview.


Taken from the entrance of Dubai World Trade Centre.

INDEX is a must-go event for professionals in Interior Design and Architecture fields.

With over 20,000 attendees, the event brings together architects and designers from all sectors of the interiors industry, including more than 800 of the world’s most prolific manufacturers and suppliers of related products and services.

INDEX's product sectors include: furnishings, furniture, kitchen & bathroom, lighting, objets, outdoor living, retail (formerly InRetail), and textiles.

More than an exhibition, the said event provides a comprehensive experience for all visitors via a range of free to attend events and is divided into nine product sectors - furnishings, furniture, couture, kitchens and bathrooms, lighting, outdoor living, textiles, surfaces and finishes as well as design items. ---Which I'm going to show you photos that I took from each and every product sectors. Yea, I roamed around the event for 2 days, 3 hours each. Can you imagine how crazy it was? (^-^)


Taken from the entrance of DWTC

Workspace at INDEX, formerly The Office Exhibition is the largest commercial interiors fit-out and design exhibition in the Middle East. It was which ran alongside its co-located partner event the INDEX International Design Exhibition.

Workspace showcases a wide variety of latest international brands and products, with specific focus on commercial interiors, education facility interiors, and healthcare facility interiors.


Entrance of Workspace at INDEX, Sheikh Saeed Halls, the Dubai World Trade Centre

The INDEX remains the MENA region’s largest and most diverse interior design exhibition while It remains the number one attended commercial interiors exhibition in the MENA region.

Fascinating, isn't it? Now, you know/are reminded about the exhibition, let's get to the point. Alright, here we go. First stop, badge.


Exhibitor Registration Desk at Workspace

Oops! That wasn't me. I was waiting for my turn. I didn't have anyone to take my photo.


Me and my boss' badges

Yey! I got my badge. Sorry, the photo looks weird, I took it using my blackberry. I got 2 badges cause I was supposed to meet my boss but it turned out that he was overwhelmed with work, so I was alone. The badge gives me access to both Workspace and INDEX. Yallah! Let's go.


Aisle along Workspace at INDEX

After entering the hall, these are the first few things that really blow me away, elegant office furniture collections.



They vary from one size to another, different shapes, color and texture. I even managed to run my fingers through a few, can't help it. I feel like I really needed to touch them just to complement what I see. (^^,)


Indiana Furniture is based in Jasper Indiana, USA.



Each brand are coming from different countries,  HNI International is a subsidiary of HNI Corporation, the second-largest office furniture manufacturer in North America. They have dealers here in UAE, one in Dubai and one in Abu Dhabi and others almost worldwide.

On the other side was NOA Offices which has offices and Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Beirut.


Too cozy for an office space huh? New Line Office srl is based in Nervesa della Battaglia, Italy. With range of classic style office furniture, their brand Romano Design attracted me in the first place.


These colorful collections are from Guialmi SA with headquarters and showrooms in Portugal.



Diemme is designed and Made in Italy. They have headquarters in San Fior and office in San Vendemiano.


I still have lots of photos for Workspace but I don't want to bore you guys, so I'll just be posting them on Facebook just so you'll see them all. Meanwhile, let's go to INDEX.


Our first entries: These classic collections are from Francesco Molon of Romano d'Ezzelino, Italy.


One of my most favorite, stands out with its vibrant colors, Francesco Molon is a family-owned business dedicated to the revival of furniture artistry in classical European style.


Because I got so excited, I didn't note down which companies are these. :P Anyways, by the end of this post, I will just make a list of all the stands I visited plus links to their websites.








Oh! And there is a mini library from Potterton Books UK. Wow! Look at that. Hmm... I wanted to stop by and check but I  nah I couldn't afford to let my minutes run cause once I open a page to see what's in there, It's hard to stop. So, I left them. :(



Above is from COE Ltd/Italstudio. They are based in Italy and have office in Guangdong, China. Their products range are Art, Frames & Prints, Bedroom Furniture, Dining Room Furniture, Living Room Furniture.


These hand-engraved, free-blown pieces with great classic styles are from Cristal De Paris. The company offers a complete range of table and decorative crystal ware.

Cristal De Paris have dealers almost all over France. Hmmm... Let's see what else we have...


Another french company here, Le Jacquard Français stands out with these fancy linens. Their collections ranges from Table Linens and Kitchen Linens, to Bath Linens.


Kabale LLC is based in UAE. They have initial exclusive collections of Draperies, Valences, Cushions, Brooches, Pompoms and Tie Backs & Accessories


And here are the rest of the photos. You'll find more on textiles plus you'll see outdoor furniture, kitchen and bathroom accessories and furniture, outdoor living and lighting.





























































Recently, I received a post show report from DMG Events and one of the details they sent me is the show video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uSOIIHqLDY

http://www.shannoncrees.com/
http://www.dmgevents.com/about-us/





2 comments :

What do you think of this post?